Sunday, March 14, 2021

Happy Pi Day!

Pi day is a much-celebrated holiday for my family. It's an excuse to eat pie and enjoy some math fun. Yes, I said math and fun in the same sentence. This does exist.



Just wanted to quickly share one of my favorite things to do on pi day besides eating pie. Someone took the numbers 0-9 and put them with keys on the piano and then played pi. They also added some harmonies in the left hand to make it a full song. Not only is it great with its beautifully eerie sound, but it is a great way to memorize the digits of pi. I started learning this song years ago. I  don't remember how far I got then but I picked it back up today and I can play around 40 digits from memory. 


Also here is a picture of the beautiful pi apple pie I made this morning before it was devoured.



No comments:

Post a Comment